This event will take place at 3pm PST/6pm EST. Not in EST or PST? Check your time zone.
Black love is an attainable, durable thing that can change our lives for the better. It shows up in the way we care for our significant others, our friends, our families and even ourselves. This event will allow us to discuss the beauty and depth of the love in our Black Columbia community through the following categories:
- Romantic: Participants will be expected to share the story of how they met their alumni significant other, whether at Columbia or elsewhere, how being connected to Columbia has influenced their relationship and what lessons they’ve learned along the way.
- Familial: Participants here will be expected to share the story of their family member (Parent, Sibling, Extended relative) and the impact of a shared Columbia connection on their lives and their family’s lives.
- Platonic: Participants here will be expected to share the story of their close friends from Columbia and how shared experiences as an undergraduate, graduate student, or alumni has made their friendship more vibrant.
- Self-Love: Participants will be expected to share their journey toward loving themselves. This will likely overlap with topics such as mental health, wellness, and fitness.
- Wednesday, February 17 - Fireside Chat featuring past honoree(s)
- Wednesday, February 24 - Black Filmmakers Forum