Join fellow alumni as we fill our bellies with interesting and delicious foods while being entertained, enlightened and educated on some of LA's most colorful and oldest neighborhoods. The group will meet at 1:15 on Sunday afternoon and the tour will begin at 1:30 promptly. The experienced guides will take us on a walking tour of Little Tokyo and the Downtown Arts District with stops at:
- The Spice Table (Vietnamese and Singaporean cuisine)
- Oiwake (Japanese cuisine)
- Mitsuru Cafe (Japanese street food)
- Mikawaya (Japanese dessert stop known for their Mochilato and ice cream Mochi)
- Angel City Brewing (award winning and oldest brewery in Los Angeles)
Take a food tour of Little Tokyo, one of the country's only 'Japantowns'. Sample food from eight different places on this locally guided walking tour. Guests on the Little Tokyo Food Tour will be able to sample some of the neigborhood's best culinary treats. Led by a local with insider knowledge of the area, guests can expect to learn about Little Tokyo history, Japanese culture, and about the local culinary scene. Highlights include mochi from the oldest business in Little Tokyo, a tea tasting, fresh tuna belly, and much more.
Inclusions: All food, Six Taste bag
Exclusions: Water bottles (encouraged to bring your own)
This tour is not suited for vegans or a gluten-free diet. If you have any other dietary restrictions, please let us know. Please let us know if you have any needs or special considerations and we will do our best to accommodate. Advance purchase required. We suggest all parties plan on booking a week in advance to ensure getting the desired reservation.
Date: Sunday, December 11th, 2011
Time: 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Location: Little Tokyo and the Arts District
(Specific meeting point to be announced)
Parking: Free street parking is available
Several pay lots are also available
Cost: $80 all inclusive (members) per person
$90 all inclusive (non-members) per person
Click here to buy tickets!!!
- It is typical to tip a standard gratuity of 15% to 20% of the price of the tour if you enjoyed your time on the tour.
- Locations and tastings subject to change. If major changes occur which significantly change the tour, we will let registrants know as soon as the tour operator alerts us of the changes
- Please let us know if you or anyone in your group has any dietary restrictions by Tuesday, December 6th, otherwise alternatives are not guaranteed
- Please let us know if anyone in your group is under the age of 21
- In case of cancellation due to severe weather, Columbia SoCal will give a full reimbursement
About Six Tastes (the tour operator):
Los Angeles is recognized as one of the foodie capitals of the world, and with the overwhelming number of delicious eats available -- how do you know where to go?
For those seeking a little guidance or perhaps seeking specific types of ethnic foods only, Six Taste Food Tours is your answer. They offer a number of highly regarded food tours through specialty parts of Los Angeles, including Little Tokyo, New Chinatown, Thai Town, and even a specialized Dumpling Tour in Arcadia!
Foodies and friends Jeff Okita and Alex Tao are the hip young founders who brought Six Taste to life just over a year ago. They primarily specialize in some of the Asian food genres available in the culinary melting pot that is Los Angeles. They attended USC together and after a discussion over coffee one afternoon, the plan for Six Taste began to emerge. Ironically, neither Jeff nor Alex are Los Angeles natives, but they are very well-versed and dialed in to the LA food scene.
Jeff and Alex have a simple goal for Six Taste -- open the Los Angeles culinary scene to everyone and break down any preconceptions about the various neighborhoods. Their first tour started in Little Tokyo August 2009 and they have seen significant growth in this last year, receiving quite a bit of local media attention as well.
If you want to try some delicious eats off the beaten path, Six Taste is your answer. Interested foodies looking for something more location oriented will also find Six Taste offers Hollywood, Downtown Los Angeles, and Santa Monica food tours as well.
For more information on their available tours, please see the Six Taste website.